Saturday, September 16, 2017

More Pendants & Ornaments & Magnets

Here are more pendants from this firing. I still have to string these. The white ones in the middle were stained with a red iron oxide wash. Apparently the RIO was too diluted.

 These are a few more ornaments.

After I made the pendants and ornaments, I decided to make a few refrigerator magnets. I have yet to glue the magnets on them though. What type of glue do you use on ceramics? Today I'll be at the farmer's market in booth 9 from 7 am to 1 pm. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

4 comments:

  1. Goodness you have been busy. Love your work and hope the markets went really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, thanks, today was my best day yet for this season, yippee. One lady bought 3 of my wood paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you did well at the farmer's market, Linda. As for glue, I haven't had much luck gluing ceramics. Have used gorilla glue and epoxy. Will be trying again soon as my rooster lost a tail feather in the kiln.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rian, thanks, in the past I have used two part gorilla epoxy but I have found it does better with a rough surface.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment