Thursday, May 17, 2018

Wilted Arugula and Exotic Mushrooms with Arugula Flowers

Today I picked more arugula and decided to use the fresh picked leaves and flowers with the exotic mushrooms I purchased at the farmer's market. I am using the smaller side leaves because that's all my plants seem to be putting on. I'm sure the baby arugula is much sweeter than the large leaves must be. My plants just don't have any large leaves to speak of. Maybe now that it's turning warmer they'll get another growth spurt.
Here are the arugula leaves stripped from the stems and the arugula flowers picked from the tops. In butter I sauteed one quarter of an onion chopped fine with two cloves of garlic chopped fine. Then I added the lion's mane mushroom sliced and the oyster mushrooms broke into individual pieces and large ones cut in half.
Last I added the arugula leaves and when just wilted I added in some sherry. I let the sherry bubble up for less than a minute, then immediately pulled it off the heat and plated it up. The arugula seemed to wilt down to less than a third of what I picked. I sprinkled the arugula flowers over the top. The flowers are even sweeter than the leaves. This was so delicious. We enjoyed the mixture thoroughly, especially since we know it's so good for us. Thanks for reading and for all your comments.

6 comments:

  1. Yum.
    I try and use smaller leaves when I can. You are right, they are sweeter. And never stringy as bigger ones can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, thanks, I have yet to get any larger leaves, perhaps my plants are stunted or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lee, thanks, it was good but went quickly. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joanne, thanks, I couldn't believe how they practically disappeared.

    ReplyDelete

I love suggestions, questions, critiques, thanks for your comment